Thread: Free Simulator

Default Free Simulator

FedEx Express has a full flight simulator that it is willing to give away. My understanding is that FedEx will not charge anything for the device.

Model: B-727-200F
    FAA Identification No: 1
    FedEx Identification: B72S3
    Advisory Circular: 120-40A
    Status: Inactive (It has been inactive for more than 2 years thus will not qualify to come back to active status since it would have to be bought up to Part 60 standards.)
    Sim Level: C
    Aircraft modeled: tail number 220FE

Manufacturer: CAE
    Build Date: 1984
    Visual IG: EP1000 (However this will stay with FedEx)
    Visual Display: HD2K Projectors
    Host: SEL 32/77
    IOS: JPA RIOS
    Motion: CAE 500
    Control Loading: Digital FPS100

T001A boxes checked: EFB, TCAS, SMCGS, VGS, CIRC, WS Qualified

This was the B-727 that was owned by the FAA and later bought by FedEx. Thus, the FAA simulator ID is #1.

It would make a good display in a museum, possibly used by a school or maybe just an aviation buff who has a large garage.

However.................... (you knew there had to be a BUT in there) - It will be up to whoever claims it to come get it and move it, preferably in a timely manner. The simulator is currently located in the old FedEx ARTC facility in Memphis.

Hopefully, I will have a complete list of what is included in the package (spares, etc.) later today. As far as I know at the moment, the visual IG is the only part of the sim that FedEx is keeping.
    Last edited by SimGuru; 03-15-2017 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Add details

Default Donate it to LRSC

Lake Region State College has a Simulator Maintenance Program. It might be worth getting in touch with Richard Drury and seeing if they can take it.

Default Thanks

Thanks for keeping us in mind here at LRSC, but as much as I would like to have the sim, we have no place big enough to install it in. We only have enough room for something about the size of an FTD.