Thread: 777 Fleet Retired

777 Fleet Retired

Sorry to hear the news about the 777 fleet. Delta seems to be conslolidating around the Airbus products. Has there been any discussion about the 3 simulators?

I have not heard anything - there are going to be more than a couple empty bays in the shop by the time this is all over.

Hopefully the proceeds from the sale of the 3 777 devices later in the year are earmarked to preserve jobs at the schoolhouse.
    That would be a nice gesture of goodwill by EB & Co.

I've heard 777-2 is going to UPS with the planes.

With the planes? As far as I know there is no conversion program for the 77L to the 77F. Unless there is now a business case for it. Hope y'all are doing okay out there, Keith!

Don't know if it's true and for some reason I think it's FedEx instead of UPS. They looked at our 777-2 Sim when they were buying a CAE Sim years ago. It's all just rumor though.

FDX would make more sense as they already operate the 77F.

So, rumors have been on again, off again but this week we are back to on again. Our managing director had said that we are again interested in a 777 full flight from Delta. Somehow a couple of months ago the deal had gone completely sideways but at that point CAE was involved so not surprised. The one we are interested in is a CAE Super C classic device that has electric motion and controls from what I have heard. What are the other two devices?

Oh and supposedly we are taking one plane as well. Just what I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by NitrousPowrdSS View Post
    So, rumors have been on again, off again but this week we are back to on again. Our managing director had said that we are again interested in a 777 full flight from Delta. Somehow a couple of months ago the deal had gone completely sideways but at that point CAE was involved so not surprised. The one we are interested in is a CAE Super C classic device that has electric motion and controls from what I have heard. What are the other two devices?
    That would be "777#2" there, ~2008 build ship. As for taking one plane, surely that would be one of Delta's 10 "LR" jets - just to get the engines as spares as they are bolt-on to the 777 freighter. There is no 777-200 pax to freighter conversion program (yet). The other full flight, #1, is a ~1998 ish era CAE sim. The FTD is similar vintage.