Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 777 Fleet Retired

Regular Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    That would be "777#2" there, ~2008 build ship. As for taking one plane, surely that would be one of Delta's 10 "LR" jets - just to get the engines as spares as they are bolt-on to the 777 freighter. There is no 777-200 pax to freighter conversion program (yet). The other full flight, #1, is a ~1998 ish era CAE sim. The FTD is similar vintage.
    A 2008 build would put it right in the same vintage as all of our 777 devices. I have heard from some that are a little more in the know than I am that #2 is so similar to ours that the only difference is electric controls and motion.

What has happened with your 767 simulators?

Regular Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by NitrousPowrdSS View Post
    What has happened with your 767 simulators?
    If you're referring to United, when I "left" they were all still going strong. In particular the two -300s see a lot of use selling time to ATI, Kalitta, etc. along with the 757 devices. The two 767-400 sims weren't being used much because at the time the -400 fleet was still parked in Roswell. Not sure if they'll ever come back. My crystal ball tells me the long term prospects of the 757/767 fleet at UAL is not good with the A321XLR and Max 10 coming into the fleet there. Should create some "buy" opportunities to move the sims out though. I am no longer at TK (best thing that happened to me in 2020), so the current situation I can't comment on.

Regular Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    If you're referring to United, when I "left" they were all still going strong. In particular the two -300s see a lot of use selling time to ATI, Kalitta, etc. along with the 757 devices. The two 767-400 sims weren't being used much because at the time the -400 fleet was still parked in Roswell. Not sure if they'll ever come back. My crystal ball tells me the long term prospects of the 757/767 fleet at UAL is not good with the A321XLR and Max 10 coming into the fleet there. Should create some "buy" opportunities to move the sims out though. I am no longer at TK (best thing that happened to me in 2020), so the current situation I can't comment on.
    No, I was referring to Delta 767 devices. If we keep taking 767 deliveries like we are we will need another 767 FTD and full flight.

Regular Contributor
    Well, Delta is accelerating it's 767 retirements.
    https://www.aerotime.aero/26153-delt...ecember%202025.