Thread: Early retirement package to be announced

Early retirement package to be announced

The date that I got was the package will be announced on May 27th. No specifics yet as to how it will be structured.

This latest update came from someone in HR.... maybe.

It sounds like Delta will still be announcing the packages in the last week of May and they still want people to GTFO as early as August 1st.

There will be two packages available - one is the typical age+seniority which used to be called a 55+ package because previously airlines would grant retirement to people who had at least 10 years of service and were 45 or older.

The other GTFO package is basically a voluntary severance, and nearly everyone in the company would qualify. I did not get the latest numbers but earlier this month I heard that Delta may be reduced as much as 40% for the next five years. That last part could be outdated though as they are still adjusting the numbers.

Delta to announce the package on 05/28. It is supposed to be a biggie and "nearly 100% of employees are eligible".

Details will follow as soon as I get documentation.

Delta announced two packages today. It sounds like they really want to get rid of a ton of people. There are two packages: The Enhanced Retirement Program (where age and seniority equals 55 or more) and the Voluntary Opt-Out Program (those who don't make the age+seniority number).

Here's a few highlights of what is being offered to people whose age and time in service equals at least 55:

Up to six months pay.
    Up to two years paid medical and dental.
    Up to 8 positive space tickets.
    A "retiree medical account" (basically an HSA) with up to $150,000 on it.

22 techs, 4 supervisors, 2 parts guys, 2 engineers, 1 shop tech and forgot Steve Wortman the Faa coordinator.

How many devices are at risk? 88/90 and 777? Anything else?

Heard they wanted to get rid of the 717s but Boeing wouldn't let us out of the lease.