Thread: Simtechonline 2.0

Exclamation Simtechonline 2.0

This website had a few setbacks over the years. When Facebook became popular things kind of started fading away here. I then had some health issues that limited my involvement and before I knew it I let the site fall into disarray. Then I ended up retiring from the industry.

We had some issues porting the forum over to the new owners and it just didn't seem to want to transfer and work at 100%. To make a long story short: Everything was lost. My old backups were wiped away when I got rid of my old server.

Oh well, sometimes it's best to start with a clean slate anyway.

With the world economy going to hell in a handbasket I was thinking the sim techs out there might need the forum again, so I leased a new server and here we are.

NOTE: Any legacy members still have first dibs on their original nicknames. If, by chance, someone creates an account using your old handle please let me know and I look into it.

Right now the site is pretty basic but I plan on adding improvements if the traffic picks up.

Hey Andy,

Good to see the site back up and running. It will be greatly needed during this current crisis. Hope you are doing well.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Hope all is well with you too. I'm no longer working for Delta as I pulled the pin just over a year ago and am now doing the retirement gig.

I really let the forum go to hell before it was eventually pawned off on someone else and eventually shut down. Hopefully the word gets around and we can get some more of the old gang back here.

At this point I don't want to do private forums but that can change if it catches on again.

I hear you about the retirement thing. Was going to at the end of this year, however with this virus thing and the market taking a dump I will have to delay until next year. I was looking forward to spending some time traveling and riding my harley.

Do it while you can. Don't wait until you are too old to ride. Old age kind of sneaks up on you.

Hi Andy glad to see the site rebooted. I did the retirement thing a while back, retired from DAL in 2008. But i got bored and started teaching other people how to be SimTechs at Lake Region State College in Devils Lake, ND. I love ND too!